history

The establishment had its humble beginnings in 1881, as a girls pathshala — a tiny primary school, founded by Mr A Venugopal Pillai, which became a middle school, managed by Mr. C V Padma Rao Mudaliar, and 49 years later, in 1930, the pathshala grooved into a high school On April 12, 1932, the girls pathshala was re-christened as Keyes High School for Girls' The foundation stone for the college was laid by former Chief Minister of A P , Late Sri T Anjaiah in the year 1981 The degree college was named after "Dewan Bahadur Padma Rao Mudaliar, who was a pioneer in women's education He was the father —in-law of Smt Bhagyalaxmi Natarajan, the then Honorary Secretary of Keyes Education Society The college was established in the year 1982, by the Keyes Education Society, marking the centenary celebrations of Keyes High School for Girls, and bears eloquent testimony of the dedicated efforts by great visionaries. "KG. to P. G was the cherished dream of the founder Secretary, Ms Bhagyalaxmi Natarajan, and the establishment of the DBPM College was a significant step in that direction

The College is a symbol of encouragement, assistance and education for the girl child In over three decades of its existence, it has established itself as an institute of excellence and empowerment of women. The college represents forward integration for the Keyes High School, which has over a hundred and thirty year history, in offering educational facilities for the girl child.

The College commenced B.A. and B.Com classes on Nov 04, 1982, with 100 students B Sc faculty with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the combination, was started in 1985.

With the boom in the IT sector in the early 1990's, the demand for software professionals began to grow rapidly To meet the contemporary demand, B Sc Computers was started in 1993 and B.Com. Computers in 2004.

LANGUAGE LAB The college boasts of a fully equipped language lab, which focuses on enhancing communication skills, through audio-visual medium, The lab is provided with 5 dedicated systems, exclusively for this purpose. Students are trained for computer based tests

Yoga classes are held, and special training is provided to the students to practice Yogasanas.

PHYSICS LAB

COMPUTER LAB

The Computer Lab at the college is equipped with 65 systems, which has a combination of Pentium III and Pentium IV processors. 3 UPS units support the 55 systems

Wide range of updated software like, Turbo, C, 3.0, Java, Tally 9, Oracle 10g, Tora and 1.6 high speed Internet- facilities, are available.

Experienced faculty is on hand, to provide the necessary attention and guidance to the students.

LIBRARY

The Library provides appropriate information, reference and bibliographical services to the teachers and the students, using the existing documents and also acquiring new materials.